Thursday 29 November 2007

Jen's Bistro is on the web

I flip-flop between loving to cook and hating it. When I feel the latter it's not the process I don't enjoy, it's the boredom and pressure of creating yet another meal that will appeal to my sometimes picky children, can be created with a minimum of fuss and mess and time and that I have the ingredients for.

Meal planning definitely helps alleviate the stress.

When left to my own devices in the kitchen, with time and fresh ingredients at my disposal I am quite happy to potter through a recipe and cook or bake to my heart's content. Unfortunately, these kind of sessions are hard to come by.

But let's get something straight - whether I love to cook or not, I love to eat! Unfortunately that love eventually saw me at Weight Watchers, but I lost 34lb quite easily and have managed to keep it off despite my return to cooking and baking yummy non-Weight Watchers food. Fortunately, Weight Watchers recipes produce quite delicious meals, so you'll see a lot of them featured here.

I seem to collect recipes and then have them languish in my recipe files (physical file in my kitchen and virtual file on my computer) forever. My goal for 2008 is to try to cook or bake as many of them as I can and post the results here. (Actually, not all of the results; only the ones I or my family enjoyed. The ones that aren't keepers will be binned.)

This blog is also a way for me to enjoy more food photography and to organise my recipes. I hope you'll enjoy it too.

(Oh, and the title? My friend Laura used to spend a lot of time at my home during the week and whenever I whipped up something delicious for lunch she'd say something about eating at Jen's Bistro. So Jen's Bistro is the name of my kitchen, and now this blog).

No comments: