Saturday 8 December 2007

Chocolate Cupcakes



This cupcake recipe is super quick and easy to make - you just dump everything in a bowl and give it a whirl. It's actually a cake recipe that I have slightly improvised due to lack of ingredients, but it ended up being better (as cupcakes) than the original. They are delicious as-is (like muffins), or iced, or dusted with powdered sugar, or with melted chocolate on top (see below). This recipe makes about 22 cupcakes.

1 3/4 C self-raising flour
1 3/4 C sugar
2 T cocoa
1/2 C margarine or butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
1 C milk

Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Mix the ingredients together and spoon into cupcake cases until 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes.

I had leftover peppermint Aero so I popped a block onto each hot cupcake ...



... and gave them a swirl with the back of a teaspoon as they melted.



Mmmmmmm, I ate one warm and it was gorgeous!

2 comments:

Jess B said...

Yum. Yum. Yum! First the cookies, now the cupcakes? Looks great and I bet they taste better! :)

Launi said...

I had to work really hard not to lick the computer screen. These look wonderful.