Monday 3 December 2007

Chocolate Mint Cookies



These cookies are so quick and easy to make. Rich and chocolatey, with a smart kick of mint - mmmmm, good! They are soft and chewy, almost like brownies. What's not to love?

1 package Devil's Food Cake Mix
150g mint chocolate (I used peppermint Aero, but I imagine Mingles would work too)
2 eggs
1/2 C (100ml) oil
1 C chocolate chips (I used 200g chopped up chocolate; it was cheaper than the choc chips)

Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together. The batter will be really thick - I had to add a tablespoon of water to get it to mix together properly. Stir in the choclate chips. Use two spoons to scoop lumps of the batter onto cookie sheet.



Bake at 350 F (180 c) for about 7-8 minutes. The cookies will be soft and puffy when you remove them from the oven. Make sure you have your sliced mint chocolate ready.



Once cookies come out of the oven place one piece of mint chocolate on each cookie, pressing it on slightly. After a few minutes the chocolate will begin to melt. Swirl the melted chocolate lightly with something (I used the pointy handle of a teaspoon) and let cool.



Once the chocolate has set and the cookies are cool, store in an air tight container.



2 comments:

Iliana Nunn said...

oh yummie yummie yummie!!!!!!!!!!!! I love aero!
I will have to make these.
Ok is there anything you don't do?
Fantastic photographer, DIYer, cook... you rock!
I look forward to reading and trying your recipes!

Iliana Nunn said...

Just made these for the school cake sale they are delicious!
Gonna try the meatballs tomorrow.
I am such a dummie in the kitchen so your step by step illustrations are fantastic.